Our new SMS service allows you to receive incoming SMS messages from any USA mobile phone. Previously, with Diamondcard, you were only able to send SMS messages. Now you can receive them, enabling real two-way communications.
When you send an SMS using Diamondcard to a USA mobile phone, the caller ID that displays as the sender is our USA five digit short code. When the recipient of your SMS clicks to respond, they will be sending an SMS back to our USA five digit short code.
Shortly we expect to enable Twinkle and Ekiga users the ability to receive incoming SMS's to their softphone. This will allow real time two-way communications in the chat window of Ekiga and Twinkle.
There are two service levels of our Diamondcard incoming SMS service.
1. Personal Keyword - For a higher fee you can choose your own personal keyword that is associated with our USA five digit short code. This is the preferable approach as the sender only has to type in your personal keyword when sending an SMS back to you. Private label resellers must buy their own Personal Keyword to be able to resell the incoming SMS service.
2. 2nd level keyword - For a much lower fee, you can create your own keyword that will be used together with our Diamondcard keyword (DC). A 2nd level keyword requires the sender to type in our keyword and your keyword when sending an SMS back to you. This requires slightly more typing for the sender and hence the lower cost.
For example, if you choose #1 Personal Keyword above and create a keyword of "max", the sender will type at the beginning of their SMS "max your-message..." What this means is max is your personal keyword and after max whatever text they type will be forwarded to you based on the SMS settings in your Diamondcard account.
Second example, if you choose #2 above and create a keyword of "charlie", the sender will type at the beginning of their SMS "dc charlie your-message..." What this means is dc is our Diamondcard keyword, charlie is your keyword and after charlie whatever text they type will be forwarded to you based on the SMS settings in your Diamondcard account.
Only USA mobile phones are able to send SMS messages to our short code.
The routing options for incoming SMS messages are as follows.
1. SMS inbox. Incoming SMS messages will be stored in your SMS inbox in your Diamondcard admin center. There are no per SMS charges for incoming SMS messages to your inbox.
2. Email. Incoming SMS messages will be emailed to you. For programmers, you can parse these emails and do whatever you want on your own server. There are no per SMS charges for incoming SMS messages to your email address.
3. International mobile phone. Incoming SMS messages will be forwarded to any international mobile phone number you specify. This allows USA mobile phones to send SMS's to a USA short code at no cost to the sender and you will pay for the delivery of the SMS to your international mobile phone at a very low rate. This is very similar to our Personal Number Service (DID) that allows Diamondcard users to save 80%+ on roaming or international forwarding.
+1-877-402-VOIP (+1-877-402-8647) - USA toll free +1-303-997-0900 - Colorado, USA +1-647-722-2117 - Toronto, Canada +33-176-641-289 - Paris, France +44-207-100-5767 - London, United Kingdom